Saturday, August 25, 2012

Introducing... Politely Worded!

Your Hostess
Photograph by Dina Farmer

Hello! My name is AJ and I have an unusual talent/hobby... I love to write politely worded responses to weird, inappropriate, and rude messages. Allow my to elaborate. I am a belly dancer and an Etsy seller. Both of these communities are occasionally beset by requests they can't accommodate, insults about their work, and creepers on their Facebook fan pages. Often in our forums, people will ask "How should I deal with this person?" and I love to craft specific responses! Sometimes they're just for fun, otherwise they are genuinely helpful to the person who asked the question in the first place.

I recently decided that I should expand upon this talent, and one of my wonderful Etsy teammates suggest that I set up a blog! So here it is! "Politely Worded." Send me your problems and I will give you my best idea of how to answer them!

Here's how it works:
1. Send an e-mail to Politelyworded@gmail.com explaining your situation and including any message you'd like me to specifically respond to.
2. Let me know what name you want to be identified as.
3. Please keep it clean. I'm not a shrinking violet, but I'd like to keep this blog from getting too raunchy, so I will not be answering any sexually explicit Facebook messages from your creepy stalkers.
4. Every Sunday I will post at least one letter!

A couple of disclaimers:
1. First and foremost I am not a legal professional. I cannot advise you on the best legal avenues to pursue if someone is ripping off your art or if you're being genuinely harassed.
2. This blog is for entertainment purposes only. Hopefully, it will be very entertaining.

Check back tomorrow for my very first letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment